Cute Baby Food Jar Craft
I LOVE making these for baby showers. And they are so simple! I saw a similar idea somewhere where they had made angels out out of these jars, and I thought the babies would be really cute too. You can make these into anything though (snowman, bride/groom, animals…) So here’s how I make them:
- 1 1/2 in. styrofoam ball
- pipe cleaner (for hair); yellow, brown, black or orange
- acrylic paints; flesh color, pink, black, white
- Spray paint for the lid (it just goes on the best); whatever color you want it be (I like blue and pink)
- a clean baby food jar
- thin ribbon
- mini pacifier (you can find these in craft stores in the baby shower supplies)
- Hot glue gun
- Filling for the jar (whatever you want to put in it!)
- Wash and dry the baby food jar really well (you’ll need to soak it to get all the sticky label stuff off)
- Spray paint the lid; may need two coats
- Paint the styrofoam ball flesh color
- Twist the pipe cleaner around a pencil to make it curl. Cut a piece about 1 in. long and stick it into the top of the ball once the paint has dried. This creates the curly hair on top.
- Hot glue the ball to the top of the lid, once the paint has dried.
- Push plastic pacifier into the ball where the mouth would be.
- Dip the end of a paintbrush in black acrylic paint and dot two eyes above the pacifier.
- Paint two round circles with pink paint beside the pacifier, where the cheeks would be.
- When the black paint has dried, using a small, fine paintbrush, dab a dot of white paint on the upper right side of each black dot, to create a highlight.
- Tie a ribbon around the neck.
- Fill the jar with whatever you’d like. I like using candy, or filling them with lavender scented candles.
Have them displayed on a cupcake stand, and there you go!