Home » Preserving Food, What's Cooking

Peach Pie Filling Canning Recipe

>1 November 2010

Mmmm… this pie filling is SO good!!

The next time you get your hands on some extra peaches, you gotta try it!

Peach Pie Filling

For each 3 1/2 cups of pealed, sliced peaches, you’ll also need:

• 1 c. sugar
  • 1/4 c. + 1 Tbsp Clear Jel powder
  • 3/4 c. cold water
  • 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 c. lemon juice concentrate
  • another 1/4 c. lemon juice

This is enough to fill one quart jar. Multiply the recipe as needed. I had a gallon of sliced peaches, so I was able to get 4 quart jars full, with a little leftover.

Once your peaches have been washed, pealed, pitted, and sliced, add 1/4 c. lemon juice to the bowl and stir to cover each slice with juice. This will help keep the fruit from browning once in the jar.

In a large saucepan or pot, combine sugar, Clear Jel, water, and cinnamon. Cook over med. high heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture begins to thicken and bubble.

Add the remaining lemon juice to the pot, and boil the sauce for 1 more minute; keep stirring!

Add the peach slices to the sauce mixture, stirring to coat, and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.

Fill hot, clean jars with peach mixture, leaving 1″ headspace. Don’t try to fill it any more. Two of my jars overflowed ’cause I left slightly less than 1″ headspace. Use the handle of a wooden spoon to remove air bubbles from the filling before adjusting the lids.

Process in a hot water bath for 30 min.

For a more thorough step-by-step, check out this link.

• Pam W. said:

That sounds good! Are you able to buy your Clear Jel in stores where you live, or do you order it online? I haven’t been able to find it in any of our stores around here. I know that’s what’s recommended for canning apple pie filling, too.

• Alea said:

This looks scrumptious! And how fun to be able to pull out a jar and quickly provide your family with a homemade dessert!

• Office business centre said:

I love this blog! Great homesteading tips and ideas as well as instructions! :o)

• Dolores said:

I would like to find some clear jel as well. I do a lot of canning and would like to try this product.

• Jean Leep said:

Clear Jel? Where to purchase? Could you use Knox gelatin for clear jell?

Jean Leep, you can order Clear Jel online or some Amish stores carry it. Not sure which grocers might have it. It’s not the same as Knox gelatin though, not at all.

• Lorna P said:

I ordered my from myspicesage.com

• Cheri said:

My hubby has been having peach pie cravings lately. Even though I don’t have a stash of peaches, this looks like a good idea to have on hand for making pies w=on demand!!