Home » Home Birth, Cloth Diapers, Breastfeeding, Raising Kids, The Homestead Life

Six Months Prego: Baby #4 Update

>16 February 2011

Since a few of you have emailed me wondering about how the pregnancy is going I thought I’d give an update on baby #4.

I’m about six months along now, and everything is fantastic! I often forget I’m even pregnant being as busy as I am. However, an occasional kick or thump in my abdomen quickly reminds me that there’s somebody growing in there!!

We’ve thought of a couple of names we like:

If it’s a girl we really love Laya. Maybe Laya Michelle.

If it’s a boy I love the name Elias. Jerry really loves the names Isaac or Elijah, but he’s okay with Elias. Still haven’t found a middle name that sounds right with it though. Any ideas?

I’m wondering how I’m gonna set up the nursery since Xia’s still in a crib. She’ll be two not too long after this baby is born, so she’ll be in a toddler bed pretty soon. I guess we’ll put her in Jada’s room then.

Oh, since I’m talking about the kids’ rooms… I’ve been working on updating the photos of around the inside of our home, if you’d like to see what the kids rooms look like right now (before I change them up again!). I haven’t updated Ty’s pics yet, but you can get the general idea of what his room is like. (Still not done updating a few other rooms as well, but it’s in the works.)

If this baby is a girl obviously I won’t have to change the nursery at all. But if it’s a boy I’ll need to take some of the decor from Ty’s room since it goes with the boy’s crib bedding. Guess I’ll need to redecorate Ty’s room as well!

It’s hard for me to believe that in just three more months we’ll have another little one. I’m so excited!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. It means SO much to me to know that my name (and this baby’s) is being lifted up by you wherever you are in the world. I can’t wait to introduce this precious child to you all very soon!!

• Carmen said:

You look beautiful :) how exciting :) Carm

• Kelly said:

We had some friends that always wanted to name their baby boy Elias Christopher….I always thought that sounded great together.
    Blessings,
    kelly M

• Amy @ Homestead Revival said:

Oh, my goodness! I had no idea you were expecting! How’d I miss that? A very belated congratulations! I love Elias James. Very manly. I like manly names for boys.

LOL, Amy :) I’ve only mentioned it once or twice on here. Thank you so much!! I do like Elias James. My grandpa’s name is James. Hmmmm, lemme see what Jerry says!

• Candace said:

Have you ever seen the Business of Being Born? It makes me think of you and your midwifery experience. If you haven’t seen it, I think you would really enjoy it. Netflix has it on watch instantly.

• Loren said:

I like Gabriel. My daughter is due in May. Congrats to you!

Candace,

I haven’t seen that movie yet.

• Michelle said:

Wonderful names…I’m particularly fond of Michelle, go figure. ;)

I like all the boys names you’ve chosen…very nice, and biblical. Hmm…Elias James is nice…or maybe Elias Matthew? Or you could do something like James Elias…but call him Elias. You can’t go wrong with any of the names…they’re all so nice.

And…I wanted to comment on a great interview with Amy from Homestead Revival! It was so fun to hear you two…you both did so great!

Thanks Michelle! I’m glad you enjoyed the show. Amy was so great to interview!!

• Debi said:

I do love hearing about names people choose…they tell a lot about the child. Everything points to Christ, including your, my and the baby’s name. I’ve done a lot of study on it and it’s incredible!

• Mona @ Healthy Homesteading said:

Very cute prego belly :). I had a friend who named her three boys- Elias, Isais (like Isaiah with a “as” at the end and some other Biblical name with a “as” at the end. I can’t seem to remember. Anyway, I always thought they were cool uncommon names.

• Carmen at Old House Kitchen said:

You look wonderful! Such a glow! We have an Isaac (James is his middle name) and an Elijah (Paul is his middle name)….just saying. ;)

• Mrs. Money said:

You are so cute!!

• Deanna said:

Oh Elias James is nice. A good biblical connection and family connections are great. I want my children to know there is a heritage they are connected to. Baby number 4 brings so much to a home. People really begin to ask really stupid questions…like is this the last one? Don’t you know what causes this? Also 4 and you are a big family. You don’t fit into a regular car or restaurant table. You need to big table now. Wait until you have 6….people really think you are crazy.

• alissa said:

we have an Isaac. His middle name is Benjamin. Elias is a beautiful name.

• Pam said:

You look absolutely radiant! I love the names you’ve chosen – so much that I used them myself. My son’s name is Isaac and I loved Layla so much that we used it for our dog. Hope that doesn’t dissuade you from using it for your daughter. :0)

Deanna,

I know. I’ve already heard so many stupid things like that! I especially cringe when people ask, “Are you crazy?” or “Have you lost your mind?” It’s sad to me, really. As if people don’t realize what a BLESSING children are!! But then again, the people who say these types of things only have one or two children who they don’t seem to be able to handle. People who think more than one or two is too many are usually those who don’t enjoy their own. So… that statement tells me a lot about their own parenting life! And it’s funny… the friends I have with more than three children are always so excited for me! THEY get it :) Definitely says a lot about our society today!!

• Pam W. said:

We used the name Isaac as a middle name for our youngest son Anthony (age 14 now). At the time, we thought it would be more unique, since we knew nobody with it as either a first or middle name…turned out other people we knew also started using it a lot right at that same time, lol!

• Laryssa @Heaven In The Home said:

You look lovely! Thank the Father for the blessing of children.

• Julie Ashley said:

Praise the LORD!
    Psalms 127
    3 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Congratulations!

-julie ashley, Wife of One, Mother of Ten

• Ashlee Logan said:

I saw someone mention The Business of Being Born, and I thought I would tell you it is an AWESOME movie. I watched it when I was pregnant with my last. You’ll learn a lot, even if you’ve already been through childbirth, at home or otherwise…But, I think Elias Alexander is a cute name.

• Shaye @ The Elliott Homestead said:

You are adorable and it makes me want to be pregnant again! Dangit! :)

• blue j said:

You simply glow. Enjoy this time. :)

• Renae said:

Please post pictures of your house. I loved the original ones, and have wondered how your house looks now. I love your blog!

Renae,

I’m working on updating the pics, slowly but surely! I still have to put new pics of Ty’s room, the Master bedroom, the kitchen and dining areas (though they haven’t changed too much), the office, and the master bath. A lot to update still, I guess :)

• Pat SSS said:

Hey you!! WOW I am so Happy for you!! And Your Site is looking Great!!
    Miss you!! :)…Pat

Hiya Pat!!! I’ve missed hearing from you!! Hope you’re doing well :)

• Mona @ Healthy Homesteading said:

I remembered that the third child’s name was – Micias like Micah.

• Stacey said:

I only want to say that you are BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I’m so glad to have been able to pray for you since *almost* the beginning!!!! No thoughts on names…I’ll get back to you on that!!!! xoxoxoxo

• Stacey said:

oh, and I had my kids out of the crib & on a mattress on the floor by 17 months…worked for us….Love to you & yours!!! HOLA, NUMERO CUATRO!!!

Thank you Stacey! You are a precious friend!!!

• Lorie said:

Congrats and if you have time before the baby comes (yeah right) I suggest the book “Pushed: The Painful Truth About Childbirth and Modern Maternity Care” by Jennifer Block. Also I remember you had shoulder dystocia with Xia, not like that’s gonna happen again but you should check out the “Gaskin Manuever” for that (by midwife Ina May Gaskin) :)

Thanks Lorie!! It sounds like a book I would enjoy. I’ll have to see if my library *might* carry it :)

• Lorie said:

Your library should be able to get books from other libraries…. actually the books are called “Spiritual Midwifery” “Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth” and “Ina May’s Guide to Breastfeeding” (best bf’ing book ever!!) and the technique was just named after her (the gaskin maneuver) Here’s the page on her website: http://www.inamay.com/?page_id=30