Home » Home Birth, Cloth Diapers, Breastfeeding, Raising Kids

Baby Elias’ Homebirth Story- Part Two

>13 May 2011

Wow. What an amazing feeling! The baby was here, and everything had gone better than I’d prayed for. I held him in the tub with me until his cord stopped pulsing. After it had been clamped, Jerry got to cut the cord. Little man was then handed to his daddy.

Once the placenta had been delivered, the ladies helped me out of the tub. I got dried off, changed into some clean clothes, and the baby was given to me to nurse. I was glad when he latched on quickly.

While I was holding our precious new son, and Amy and Cortney were filling out paperwork, Jerry went to get the kids from his mom’s house. We wanted to get them back as soon as possible to meet their new brother.

Boy, were Jada and Titus excited to meet baby Elias!! Xia, of course, is still too small to understand, though she was happy to see a baby too! They came home just in time to watch the midwives check over baby.

Everything looked good, praise the Lord!! He weighed 6 lbs 13 oz. and was 19 1/2 in. long.

Jada’s first response when she saw him was, “Awwwww, he’s sooo cuuuuute, and tiny!”

And Titus said, “My baby brother! Now I have a baby sister, and a baby brother!” I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how infatuated he is with Elias.

I am overwhelmed with thankfulness. My heart is full. Our God is so, incredibly good.

Welcome to our family, baby Elias!! We are all so in love with you!

Current-Special

• Brynna said:

Again, beautiful!! He’s such a tiny little guy!! (to me, anyway! LOL)

• Rebecca said:

What a handsome little guy. Congratulations!! So glad everything went smoothly.

• Carmen Gonzales said:

Ohhh Kendra how exciting :) what a beautiful new baby boy, I cant wait to hear more about him and how he is doing. CONGRATS love you on the show :) yayyyy , Carm

• Bonnie Folk said:

Kendra…WOW, You NEVER cease to AMAZE me!!! Congratulations!!! I am SO Happy for You and Yours!! You did and DO a Fantastic Job!! Many, Many Blessings to You and Your Family!!

• Elizabeth said:

How wonderful! Congrats to all – he is adorable! You all look so happy and filled with love! Your blog is so refreshing to read!

• Bonnie said:

God is soooo good. Such a beautiful family. God bless you all.

• Monica said:

You have a beautiful family! You must be very proud.

• Pam W. said:

So glad everything went well and you and Elias are both doing well! Congratulations!!!!

• Rebecca said:

What a gentle, beautiful way to bring a new life into the world. Thank you for sharing these intimate moments!

• Mona @ Healthy Homesteading said:

Beautiful family Kendra :)

• Rebekah said:

Congrats! Beautiful! God is so amazing!

• sandra said:

great picture of you all!

• Kristen said:

Congrats! You are SO beautiful! Your love for your family is so apparent in your mommy “glow”!

• Nikki R said:

Hi Kendra,
    What a nice story!!!Elias IS SOOOOO tiny.My last two have been exactly ten lbs. so he really is little.:)You look really well too.It is so nice when you have such a pleasant birth experience.We bounce back so much quicker too.:)I was just telling my hubby today I am so glad it all went so well for Kendra this time.Congratulations again!!!!

• Nikki R said:

I love your family picture too!!!Everyone looks sooo happy.Nikki

• Holly said:

Congratulations to your beautiful family! So excited for you-what a lovely birth story! Holly

• Bobbi said:

What a great story. Bless you and your family. :)

• Kelly said:

How wonderful for all of you!! Great job Mama, he’s beautiful.

• Jessica K. said:

Congratulations!!! So glad to hear you and baby Elias are doing so well!

• Annie said:

I’ve been following your blog for a while now – sorry i haven’t commented – but had to say How wonderful!! We homebirthed three of our four and would do it again and again!! Always great to see others homebirthing!
    Your family is beautiful!
    Can you hear the big YEA!! (that’s why all the ‘!!’s) :O)
    peace,
    Annie

• Sophie said:

You all look gorgeous! congratulations :)

• Carole said:

You look so wonderful so soon after giving birth! The picture shows a happy, smiling family. All that exercise you got tending the homestead probably helped prepare you for the delivery. I am older and the thought of home birth scares me a little, but it has certainly worked for you.

• Emily said:

BEAUTIFUL family!

Blessed are all who fear YHVH,
    who walk in obedience to Him.
    You will eat the fruit of your labor;
    blessings and prosperity will be yours.
    Your wife will be like a fruitful vine
    within your house;
    your children will be like olive shoots
    around your table.
    Yes, this will be the blessing
    for the man who fears YHVH.

May YHVH bless you from Zion;
    may you see the prosperity of Jerusalem
    all the days of your life.
    May you live to see your children’s children—
    peace be on Israel.

• Andrea said:

God bless your beautiful family!

• Micki said:

He is such a precious bundle from God! Congratulations!

• Sara said:

Congrats! I love hearing birth stories, especially home births! My husband and I are planning a home birth for our first (I’m 32 weeks!) and I thought it was very interesting, as Elias is our first choice boy name, and Titus our second choice! Beautiful names! Again congrats! You have a beautiful family!

• daisy said:

You have a beautiful family. Continued blessings! daisy

• Kortni said:

You’re family is beautiful! And it’s a beautiful story! I would love to be able to have a home birth but won’t be able to because I will be having a liver transplant soon which will complicate things when I’m pregnant down the road. I was blessed by your story though! What a special time and a beautiful gift from God!

• Tessa W said:

What a beautiful story! I could just imagine the peace of your birth experience. I had my second at home and in the water but I did a decent amount of moaning :)
    There is something amazing about having the whole family there to meet the new babyright away, isn’t there? God truly is great!